A pizza dip is obviously good, but a MEAT LOVERS’ pizza dip? That’s next-level good. This dip is super simple to make, and everyone will love it. We used sausage, bacon, and pepperoni but use whatever types of meat you prefer!
If you just miss the crust too much, then check out this Pull-Apart Garlic Bread Pizza Dip!
- 12 oz. bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 c. ricotta
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 c. pizza sauce
- 1/2 c. pepperoni slices, or 9 for Instant Pot version
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Sliced baguette, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate.
- To the same skillet, add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, ricotta,
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
Add bacon, sausage, and cream cheese mixture to skillet and stir to combine, then spread in an even layer. Spread pizza sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Top with pepperoni and Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is melty, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with baguette slices.
FOR INSTANT POT METHOD:
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Add bacon and cook until crispy, 8-15 minutes.
- Drain fat and lay out bacon on a paper towel–lined plate. Add a few tablespoons water to the pot and scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom. Discard water.
- Still on sauté, add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Drain fat. Wash Instant Pot.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, ricotta,
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Add bacon and sausage to mixture and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart baking dish that will fit in Instant Pot.
- Spread pizza sauce on top of dip and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Top with pepperoni and Parmesan. Cover baking dish tightly with foil.
- Place trivet in the bottom of pot and pour in 1 cup water. Fold a large piece of foil (about 18”) into thirds to make a long “sling,” and lower it into pot. Place baking dish on trivet, centered on the foil strip. Fold the strips over the top, but not touching the top.
- Lock lid and set to Pressure Cook on high for 15 minutes. Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing lid. Using the foil strips and pot holders, carefully remove baking dish.
- Preheat oven to broil on high and remove baking dish and foil from instant pot. Broil until pepperoni is crisp and cheese is golden.